Marja Lankinen is the founder of Yoga for Dancers and teaches yoga and meditation in the United States and around the globe. She is also a staff writer for LA YOGA Magazine.
- Marja has danced for Beyonce, Oprah, The Billboard Awards, E! Entertainment and the Grammys national commercial featuring choreographer, Laurieann Gibson, and Frank Gatson. She also toured internationally as a performer in Asia.
- Marja was the Executive Director of Dance2XS Dance Company in Michigan and danced for Boom!Crack Dance Company in Chicago.
- Marja moved to LA from Shanghai the summer of 2012 to teach and dance.
- A credentialed yoga therapist, Marja graduated from Loyola Marymount University's Yoga Therapy Rx program (Levels I and II). She holds a five hundred hour certification though Annie Carpenter's SmartFlow Yoga as well as Power Yoga, Hot Power Fusion, and Yin Yoga certifications through Corepower Yoga.
- Soft Tissue Assessment and Myofascial Release for Bodyworkers and Yoga Teachers workshop (Dr. Eden Goldman)
- MOTI Physical Therapy's Sugarfoot Therapy training (Dr. Traci Ferguson and Katie Schaar Cutri)
- YogaWorks Yoga for Trauma teacher training (Hala Khouri and Kyra Haglund)
- YogaWorks Yoga Tune Up Training (Laurel Beversdorf and Elizabeth Wipff)
- Marja teaches Yoga for Dancers for the Debbie Reynolds Dance Studio's scholarship program and Movement Lifestyle Dance Studio in Los Angeles, California.
- She also teaches yoga and meditation at 20th Century FOX, Disney, YogaWorks, Hot 8 Yoga Beverly Hills, and Paramount Studios.
- Marja was on faculty at Edge Performing Arts Center and Millennium Dance Complex in LA.
- She has taught at Sony Motion Pictures Studios, NBC Universal, ESPN, UCLA, Viacom (Hollywood), and Universal Music Group (Santa Monica).
- Marja guest taught for Complexions Contemporary Ballet (2018) and Hubbard Street Dance Chicago's (2016-2018) summer intensives at USC Kaufman School of Dance.
INTERNATIONAL GUEST TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- In 2017, Marja flew to Sweden to teach for Gothenburg Opera Dance Company. She also taught for ISY Studio (Hamburg, Germany), Shala Helsinki (Finland), and lululemon Paris, Cannes, Zurich, London, Amsterdam, New York, Atlanta, and Chicago.
NATIONAL GUEST TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Marja taught for Coachella Music and Arts Festival, The Pulse On Tour, Velocity Dance Convention, USC Trojan Force Dance Team, Kreativ Mindz Academy, Tony Tzar's Blacklight Society, Kaba Modern Dance Company, Culture Shock LA, Mischief Makers, USC, UCLA, and Chapman University dance departments, Diavolo Dance Company, Jacob Jonas Dance Company, Full Out Dance Studio's Unplugged Dance Retrea, Dogpatch Dance Studio SF, and Matt Cady and Tovaris Wilson's Unique Dance Program.
Marja mentors rising dancers, choreographers, artists, and kind human beings through the Movement Lifestyle Dance Studio Work Study program. She believes in empowering the next generations of vanguards, voices, and vehicles for social, artistic, and political change.
YOGA FOR ATHLETES:
Marja was the in-residency yoga instructor for the United States Tennis Association teaching yoga and therapeutics for the US team's professional and junior tennis players at Stubhub in Carson, CA.
Marja co-led the 200 hour Hot 8 Yoga Teacher Trainings in Beverly Hills from 2014-2017 and assisted the 200 hour Power training with Corepower Yoga Sherman Oaks in 2013. Marja assisted Annie Carpenter's 200 hour SmartFlow Yoga teacher training in Oakland, California (2016). She also assisted Annie at Udaya Yoga Festival in Bulgaria (2017).
Along with Omar Lopez, Marja co-led Hot 8 Yoga's first yoga retreat in Tulum, Mexico in 2014.